If you have money in a 401K, an IRA, or a retirement plan, you know that volatility and uncertainty are guaranteed to continue as long as the financial crisis persists during the CoronaVirus pandemic.
The most optimistic outlook for the U.S. economy goes like this:
- If we find a vaccine that’s 50% effective, the FDA may approve it for distribution by later this year.
- CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield, testifying before Congress, said he expects vaccinations, by year’s end, in limited quantities with first doses going to health-care workers.
- His best estimates are it will take about “six to nine months” to get the entire American public vaccinated once.
- It may take two or more shots to bring up the immunization level.
Questions We’re Not Supposed to Ask
- What about the other 7 Billion people on the planet? We’ve seen no consensus on how our highly integrated world economy can possibly come out of the CoronaVirus pandemic and quickly rebuild their economies.
- If the CoronaVirus vaccine is 50% effective, what about the other half of the population? We assume they would still be at rusk of getting and transmitting the virus.
- How effective should we expect the CoronaVirus vaccine to be, say based on annual flu shots.
Seasonal Flu Vaccine Effectiveness
On the subject of effective flu shots, here’s a graph taken directly off the CDC.gov website that show how recent annual flu shots are measured in effectiveness,
We don’t even want to comment on this chart. It makes us furious for the U.S. Government to have this incompetent a track record with flu shots they’ve developed over decades. Then, they expect us to believe they can immunize against the CoronaVirus Covid 19 with a vaccine they are developing and safely testing in less than one year?
Call me highly doubtful.
The Perfect Flu Vaccine
What we really need is a government flu shot that woks both for our health and our wealth. In the meantime, the risks and rewards facing our wealth range from very uncertain to totally unknown.
Meanwhile, we all need an effective face mask to protect our savings…right?
Here’s a reality check. Stocks are very risky and trade at the second highest evaluation in history. Abrupt and severe losses can occur at any time, without warning.
Benefits of Buying Gold Today
- More and more people, just like you, are taking a strategic approach to creating a dedicated exposure to Gold of 5% or more.
- Gold continues to increase portfolios’ resilience to Stock volatility.
- Gold strengthens diversity in asset allocations beyond Stocks, Bonds, real estate etc.
- The outlook for Gold depends on this continued shift in balance from physical consumption to financial demand from investors.
- Investor demand for Gold depends largely on the shape of the global economic recovery during the pandemic.
- Today’s low interest rates combined with Negative interest rates across Europe and Asia provide the perfect growth environment for investors to acquire more Gold and profit handsomely in the near future.
- Gold prices are strongly supported today just below $2,000 an ounce.
Not everyone believes the fake news or the overly optimistic promises of Washington for a quick solution to the CoronaVirus-driven financial crisis. In our opinion, those of us who are skeptical of the “expert” opinions coming out of Washington, should consider a core holding of 5% to 10% of their investment assets in physical Gold.
We recommend Gold Bullion Coins in combination with physical Silver, it’s more speculative but very undervalued today.
As the facts presented here clearly show, there is no timely or easy solution to the pandemic. It will take time before the world’s economy fully recovers. Till then, we should take all due precaution for our health and portfolios.